*Disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links to products, which means I may receive a commission if you choose to make a purchase through these links.
It’s that time of year again for those pesky summer bugs to come out and play. But what doesn’t have to come out is the toxic, store bought bug sprays we use! Instead, you can make your own way healthier bug spray for you and your furry friends at home + at a cheaper price using essential oils! This all-purpose bug spray is for people and pets. It can help to repel mosquitos, fleas, ticks, gnats, and other pests.
All-Purpose Essential Oil Bug Spray Ingredients
- 14 oz. of witch hazel
- 5 drops of Purification essential oil
- 5 drop of Eucalyptus essential oil
- 10 drops of Lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of Cedarwood essential oil
- 15 drops of Citronella essential oil
- 15 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- 16 oz. glass spray bottle
All-Purpose Essential Oil Bug Spray Instructions
- Combine all essential oils and witch hazel into the glass bottle. Take note: it must be in a glass bottle! Shake it well to mix all of the oils together.
- Shake well before using. For humans, apply to all visible skin and clothes to repel bugs.
- For pets, apply all over the body making sure to avoid the head and sensitive areas. Be generous around their feet and legs.